Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create select statement fails on retrieving list of owners

I've set up a connection from QlikView to a Postgres database using the Qlik Database Connectors (Create a PostgreSQL connection ‒ Qlik Connectors). Everything works fine if I manually write a select statement. But if I try to use Create Select Statement‌, then I get this error:

qlikview_error.png

It's not able to get the list of database owners. How can I fix this? I have no issues manually retrieve the list of owners from the same database with the same user with a manual SQL query, like this:

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 9.58.58 PM.png

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The error indicates a problem connection to the database. Did you test the connection from Qlikview?

Everything works fine if I manually write a select statement.

What does this mean? Are you writing the select statement in the QV Script Editor or in a postgres sql tool?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I tested it and the connection from QlikView works. I'm writing the select statement in the QV Script Editor and running the script in QlikView.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm writing the select statement in the QV Script Editor and running the script in QlikView.

So,  you have lines in your script like

CONNECT ....connection string stuff here... ;

SQL SELECT x,y,z FROM some_table;

And that works? Or doesn't it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, that works. The problem is opening the 'Create Select Statement' dialog, which produces that error that I screenshotted.

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you connect first before opening the Create Select Statement dialog?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, the connection was successful. That's what I was able to manually write a select statement and successfully execute it.