Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading data from front end

I want to create a button. When user will click the button, the dialogue box should popup where user will select the file that he want and that file will be loaded and shown in the dashboard. Is it possible in Qlikview?

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

If you are looking to do it on Qlikview Server, you should read this: Triggering an EDX Task from the Ajax Client

if you want to do it on the desktop: you can create a button with an action

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What action to browse the file and load it and show it on the front end so that user can analyse. URL action moves user to the defined path and not to open the dialogue box.

I want to do it on desktop.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I never tried to do it, but if i have to, i will try this:

• loop on the files on the script and store the filename on a table.
  • display filenames to the users (on different buttons for example)
  • pass the value (the filename that user choose) to the script (i Found this to do it: Let vDate = Input('Enter Start Date (MM/DD/YYYY)' , 'Input required'); )
  • load just the file that the user choose using the variable.

hope it helps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. But I want something like once user click on button, he should be able to select the file from his machine and load it. Is there any work around?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I understand what you need, and what i wrote to you is exactly what you described.

there is no "direct method" to do it