Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis - Sum on the opposite dimension

I have items in categories that are either "included" or "excluded".  I need to create a straight table that lists the excluded items, but the calculation involves summing only the included items for that category.  (it involves some weighting of the actual price based on included items).So my problem is how to create a set analysis expression that sums included items while displaying only the excluded items.

I am really just looking for the correct set analysis concept that will accomplish this idea.

Thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The solution I found was to join the data for the included items back into the model by the aggregation point which was Category in this example.  I do not think it is possible to do this solely with set analysis.  QVW is attached for reference.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Not really clear on what you are trying to do. Please provide a sample QVW and describe what values you expect to se in your application object.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is a very simple example in Excel to demonstrate the concept.  Note I have a data sheet and then a result sheet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The solution I found was to join the data for the included items back into the model by the aggregation point which was Category in this example.  I do not think it is possible to do this solely with set analysis.  QVW is attached for reference.