Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar chart - missing bar gap

Hi,

The attached image displays the problem that i'm having. The blocks of bars surrounded by the orange boxes are countries (dimension, obviously), then there is one more dimension, the product that is sold in each country.

The countries shown in the image have some products in common, but not all products. As a result, there is a gap, a placeholder, for a missing product. I tried "suppressing" zeros, but that didn't change anything.

Any idea how I can go about resolving this issue?

Thanks,

Siarhei K.

10 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I wasn't giving you the complete solution in that example, just the solution to your most recent problem.  But if you combine the ideas of a concatenated dimension with RGB values assigned by product, you'll get what I think you want.  I guess that wasn't clear.  See attached.  There are no gaps, the customers are grouped and the products are consistently colored.

(Yes, QlikView should really just have a checkbox to eliminate the gaps, or something along those lines, but sometimes we have to make do with what we have.)

Edit: Attached another variation on the solution, this time only displaying the customer on the bottom since the product is described by the color.