Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Language Issue

Hi Folks ,

I'm having below scenario, I'm having one field in data base as "Reason_Name" and users are entering text in their local language .

I'm simply calling this filed like below:

Actually in above screenshot the content is in Chinese ,but it showing not sure in what format. Any idea how to get this in Chinese language???

Regards,

AS 

11 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I found that they suggest to use the (UTF-8) as character set, maybe you should try to do it in your database.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Any change if we can handle this from QlikView side???

Regards,

AS

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I don't really know, but never tried to changer character set when loading a table from a database (don't know if it is possible)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

But few names in english only. Can you attach image / sample data so then we will try in our machine

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Anil,

Below is sample data:

DateReason_Name
04.12.2017DC-Supplied component NG来料不良
04.12.2017QC-QC sampling实验取样
04.12.2017SD-Surface damaged表面缺陷
04.12.2017SD-Wrong operation作业失误
06.12.2017CM-Contamination杂质异物
06.12.2017CM-Contamination杂质异物
06.12.2017QC-process sampling工艺取样
06.12.2017QC-QC sampling实验取样
06.12.2017SD-Pinch line damage合模缝异常/割伤

Thanks,

AS

Anil_Babu_Samineni

How is your variable looks like?

SET CollationLocale='en-US';

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Yes Actually this report is Global for Europe, America and Asian users.

Only we are having issue when Asian folks specially from China want to see data in Chinese ,other regions are fine with English.

Regards,

AS

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

It is SET CollationLocale='de-DE'

Even if I changes this to your doesn't make any difference on output.

Regards,

AS

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be make it as SET CollationLocale='de-zh'

Chinesezh
Chinese (Simplified)zh-Hans
Chinese (Traditional)zh-Hant
Chuvashcv