Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamgaox
Creator
Creator

About Section Access Issues!

Dear All,

I met two problems in QV Section Access.Please help me overcome it.

1.Access:ADMIN&User(If their differences only between the ability to see&modify document properties and sheet properties).

2.About NTNAME&USERID Samples.

Details refer to the following picture:

Thanks in advance!!

屏幕快照 2015-07-28 下午8.05.58.png

12 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

I am not sure what you are trying to do our how you are testing things. Unless you check the "Admin overrides all security" the admin will look like a user.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Sivapriya_d
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I don't know why..

But in NTNAME if you have two access level(Admin and User) for the same name(like USER1) it provides priority to ADMIN where in USERID priority goes to USER

To avoid this can use different IDs like given below, if you are using the USERID .

For user keep it as USER

For Admin can keep it like USERADMIN

if you are using the NTNAME can try with giving different password for user and admin . you can try this for USERID  also by maintaining different passwords for same user.

I am not sure It will be  a correct solution but still can give a try.

Thanks,

Siva

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

When using NTNAME the password field doesn't come into play. Also, why would you want to assign both user & admin to the same user?

The Admin will allow you to configure Security tab in the Desktop, where the user can't. When you login to the accesspoint all logins are USERS.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.