cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Task takes way longer in 17 than in 16

Hi guys,

We have a report which I need to run every hour.

It took 15 or so mins to complete in NPrinting 16, but takes around 40 mins in 17.

The size hasn't changed, there isn't an abundance of tables and it's relatively small.

Does anyone know why this might be the case and/or if there's a  way of speeding it up?

Thanks in advance,

Chris A.

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have asked Qlik the same question few times. They said that NPrinting 17 may be slower than 16 and that they are working on performance improvement.

I understand frustration but reality is that you cannot do much more (obviously apart from all the other things i suggest to do with any aplication serving data for NPrinting).

As NPrinting 17 is completly different tool than NP16 you cannot compare performace.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I know they made an improvment in 17.3 from 17.1 and 2 which were at times for me unusable.

Im sure they are looking for more improvement in each release but I have adjusted my expectations of what I can and cannot do with my reports.  I try to keep them as simple as possible at the moment to ensure delivery and content that is usuable but without the bells and whistles.