Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Title Expression

Dear All Friends,

In a demo application named 'Online Sales' I found expressions in Chart Title Text Field.

On the first sheet named 'Dashboard' there are many objects.One of them is Profit Margin

Gauge Chart.In that Gauge Chart Properties->General Tab->There is a 'Show Title in Chart'

Check Box and Text Field.On the text field "= Only({<No={14}>} [$(=vDataLanguage)])" that

expression is written.

I want to know how the expression is working.From where the No=14 comes?

Please guide me friends.

I am attaching the application for your reference.

Thanks And Regards,

Koushik Roy.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The titles are loaded from a spreadsheet into QV table "Translations". The No={14} selects a key in this table that identifies the text that should be used for this this chart title. The $(=vDataLanguage) narrows the selection to the Language field currently selected by the user in the upper right of the sheet.

So the Translations table contains a field "No", and a seperate field for each of the four languages this document supports.

-Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I dont have Qlikview Installed on my laptop, so i am unable to see the atachment, but i can tell you what the expression is.

The expression is "= Only({<No={14}>} [$(=vDataLanguage)])"

Here variable is used. i.e vDataLanguage, so as name suggest it may contain the Language.

So the expression says that select the language where the No is 14.

Here No might be a Field.

For more understanding. Create a Listbox for No field. and also have a look at the Variable (Meaning what it Contents) and try to place it in expression and compare the result.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Dear Kaushik,

Thank you very much for your reply.Let me clear one more thing,where the Language codes are stored?

Are they stored in a table or the developer scripted it?I can not find that details where the languge are stored.

Thanks for your answer again Kaushik.

Thanks & Regards,

Koushik Roy.

Mob:-9434343030.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

As i said i cant open the file.

So can you please tell me what is the value and the expression in variable vDataLanguage

For this you should look into Variable Overview in Setting.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The titles are loaded from a spreadsheet into QV table "Translations". The No={14} selects a key in this table that identifies the text that should be used for this this chart title. The $(=vDataLanguage) narrows the selection to the Language field currently selected by the user in the upper right of the sheet.

So the Translations table contains a field "No", and a seperate field for each of the four languages this document supports.

-Rob