Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a switchbutton on a report with a Macro. Is it possible?

I would want to create a button wich switches between two variables on a table or two tables. How can i do this?

I want the report to apear containing a graph on the number of employees and when the button is pressed this graph needs to change in a graph containing information about the gross profit for the total period?

Is Q able to do this and what is the most opportune way.

Is the best way creating a button or can i implement this feature in the graph itself?

Thx in advance!

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can implement this directly in the chart. Add both expressions. Then group them together using the Group button on the expressions pane. This will create a cycle button on the chart that will toggle between the two expressions.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,
Thanx!

But i really need a button that i can modify. We would like to get the same design as in BO for a demo application. Now I've created it, using two buttons to hide/unhide ... Works like a charm! But it's not the most efficient way to do so

Grtz!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can use one chart with an expression that tests the button value and executes one of two expressions. You'll have to do the same for the labels.

-Rob