Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selections in a Chart

Hi,

I have a Bubble Chart where in when I click on a bubble I need to capture the x-axis and the the y-Axis data and show a Popup or a msg

showing data of some other field(a Possible value).

Please let me know how to do this.

Regards

Navin.G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

When you click on a bubble, it should be selecting that data point, so you should be able to refer to anything associated with it.  As far as a pop up goes, maybe a text box or chart with a display condition of a point in the chart being selected.  The text box would go away when you clear the point, or you could put a button "on" the text box that closes it again, maybe by having a variable tell you to show the text box (and button), and having a selection of a data point set the variable, and clicking on close unset it.  Or you can trigger a macro when you select a data point, and in the macro use ActiveDocument.ShowPopup or maybe msgbox().

View solution in original post

7 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

When you click on a bubble, it should be selecting that data point, so you should be able to refer to anything associated with it.  As far as a pop up goes, maybe a text box or chart with a display condition of a point in the chart being selected.  The text box would go away when you clear the point, or you could put a button "on" the text box that closes it again, maybe by having a variable tell you to show the text box (and button), and having a selection of a data point set the variable, and clicking on close unset it.  Or you can trigger a macro when you select a data point, and in the macro use ActiveDocument.ShowPopup or maybe msgbox().

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Instead of a click, you may want to consider adding the addtional information in the hover popup. In a scatter chart the fourth and subsequent expressions will display as part of the hover if "Text as Popup" is checked for the expression. These extra expressions will not impact the rendering of the chart, they only add information to the hover.  The label will not show up in the hover so all text and formatting must be supplied in the extra expression.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If I can show it on a mouse hover then it would be excellent.

May be you know show it as a popup once the mouse hovers on the bubble.

I will try what both of you have said and will get back to you.

Regards

Navin.G

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

please see the attached

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

I have checked your sample but it does not work in my case as I need a date value on the

x-axis and some String Fields in the y-axis(not Numbers).

Now Corresponding to the intersection of these values I am showing a bubble.

Can we acheive this using a Scatter chart?

Please let me know.

I need to show a Popup that corresponds to the possible value based on the bubble which I click.

Regards

Navin.G

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

I implemented ur idea by writind a macro and getting the value stored in a variable and then

showing it as a Pop-Up.

But I am facing a strange situation over hear.The pop-up does not come up if I select the bubble

but the popup is getting displayed after I select the bubble and then clicking on Clear.

Could you please suggest the way forward/

Regards

Navin.G

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Guys thanks for your help.I really Appreciate it.

With a little bit of workaround in the Macro I was able to acheive what was intended to.

Thank you guys once again.

Regards

Navin.G