Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Division of expression

Hi, I'm not able to complete this simple task: build a new expression as a division of two existing progressive expressions.

Suppose I have a table like this:

Month     Amount     Margin

1            300           12

2            150           3

3            220           45

I need to calculate a column called "Progressive spread" equal to the progressive sum of Margin diveded by the progressive sum of Amount.

The result should be:

Month     Amount     Margin     Progressive amount          Progressive margin     Progressive spread (<= this is what I need)

1            300           12            300                                 12                             12 / 300 = 4.00%

2            150           3              300 + 150 = 450               12 + 3 = 15               15 / 450 = 3.33%

3            220           45            300 + 150 + 220 = 670      12 + 3 + 45 = 60        60 / 670 = 8.96%

I've tried every combination of progressive, sum total, sum above, ... but I wasn't able to achive the goal.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Michele

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michele,

please take a look at my exam application. Note that you can use names (labels) of chart-expressions using square-brackets [].

Regards, Roland

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michele,

please take a look at my exam application. Note that you can use names (labels) of chart-expressions using square-brackets [].

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

that's exactly what I need.

How can I draw the "Progressive spread" on a line graph having month as X axis?

I've tried your formula but it plot the spread of the month, not the progressive one.

Thanks again

Michele

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for my previous post: I made it!

The problem was that in the original table I have many rows for each month and so I had to previously build two columns called "Amount total" as SUM(Amount) and "Margin total" as SUM(Margin) to use in next calculations.

Thanks for your help

Michele