Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Days to keep and reports to keep - relevant to Sense hub ?

I enabled dynamic naming and included the date and timestamp, into the report name  and left days to keep and reports to keep to 1-

expecting to see multiple reports in the Sense hub with different timestamps in the reportname, for multiple task runs and then the days to keep and reports to keep parameters would kick in action and delete all older reports than a day from the "hub". But, all that was happening was whenever i run the task, it just keeps overwriting/replacing the report in the hub with the latest generated report.

I feel that both the days to keep and the reports to keep options are relevant only for the "newstand" and not to the hub. "Hub" always shows the latest version of the report generated by the task. "number of days" and "days to keep" don't make any sense when generating reports to hub.

Can anybody confirm this please ?

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Andy, I understand that in real world errors can happen and you may need to re-send reports. I also understand your point with re-call feature.

What i find difficult to imagine is how this would work. Given that you will not be able to undo sent emails, you can only expect this fucntionality to work with NewsStand or QlikSense Hub.

I am supporting an idea of adding delete button for reports in Hub and News Stand for owners. From admins perspective this may be difficult to achieve i would assume.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Emails you could do a recall request of timely enough or just an email to distribution group informing of the issue.  

It's the communication and management of the issue that be a nice support feature for governance.