Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator

Formula Syntax

Hi,

i'm using this expression, that is defining the Year_Surgery as follow:

I would like to modify this in order to retrieve the Year_Surgery as the selection done on the field Year, minus one year, in order to get the previous year. so if i select 2017, the year surgery needs to be 2016.

Anyone knows how to adjust the syntax?

Thanks

Year_Surgery={$(=concat(chr(39) & Year & chr(39),',') )

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be this?

Capture.JPG

Variable =concat(chr(39) & $(=Year-1) & chr(39),',')

Exp=Sum({<Month_Surgery={$(=concat(Distinct chr(39) & Month & chr(39),',') )},Year_Surgery={$(vLastYear)},Day=,Year=,Month=>}Amount)

View solution in original post

14 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be this:

Year_Surgery={$(=concat(chr(39) & Max(Year)-1 & chr(39),',') )

Note: Using max() is dependent on your expected output when nothing is selected.  Use max() if you want output year as max year-1 when multiple years are in scope. Else, you can simply use Year-1

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

is not working.. i got 0 as value. any clue ?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Is this variable being used in set analysis? What if when multiple values are selected or no year is selected? Could you share your sample qvw?

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

yes this is used as set analysis! exactly!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why are you using Concat() here. What if you used?

Max(Year)-1

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you could answer all the other questions, it would have been easier to narrow down the issue and suggest accordingly. Meanwhile try like:

Year_Surgery={$(=concat(chr(39) & If( GetSelctedCount(Year)=1, Year-1, Year) & chr(39),',') )

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

not working ...

The request is due to the previous one that i did already working Set Analysis with selected values

Here the app attached

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

The request is due to the previous one that i did already working Set Analysis with selected values

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be this?

Capture.JPG

Variable =concat(chr(39) & $(=Year-1) & chr(39),',')

Exp=Sum({<Month_Surgery={$(=concat(Distinct chr(39) & Month & chr(39),',') )},Year_Surgery={$(vLastYear)},Day=,Year=,Month=>}Amount)