Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Users can see stream but not apps

Hi following the video Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management - YouTube

I gave stream access based on user group.

Users can see their designated stream but not the applications below.

I clicked into each App  -> User Access -> see the "R" cell becomes yellow.

Can you see the attached pictures and let me know where I missed? Thanks!

CustomProperties.PNG

SecurityRules.PNG

Stream.PNGStream_SecurityRules.PNG

UserAccess.PNG

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If a user has access to Stream, should he by default have access to applications under that stream?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. If a user has access to Stream, he by default have access to applications under that stream.

If you want to close this stream definition. You need to go to Security rules and check the checkbox  of the default stream rule.

Regards,

Rajan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rajan, but if you go through the video, you'll see that he didn't give app level permission and still see the apps (8:34 Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management - YouTube), and this is the part I'm confused. Can you see my original question/screenshots and figure out why? Thanks!

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Jessica,

The users with Stream permissions will get only Stream access. To get the users App Object you need to create another Rule to set the App Access and then there select AND App.Stream <Stream Name>.

Similarly, One need to give the users access to AppObject with which the user get access to the App Sheets and other objects. For the one need to create the Security Rule for AppObject  and set the permissions for the user group as AppObject in <Stream Name>.

This way the users get the guided access to the Apps and App Objects within the Stream.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Sometimes the users won't have access, by default they should see all apps if they have stream access..

Anyway, you can create a new rule to allow the users for App access

Resource Filter: Read

App_*,App.Object_*

Basics:

(resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true" and resource.app.HasPrivilege("read"))

guess that should work, if you like you can add your User Group to the rule?