Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ODAG Security Rules

Hi All,

I was going through the default security rules related to the ODAG in QMC and I am having a hard time understanding DeleteODAGLinkUsage rule.
In document it says this rule allows users with read access to selection app to delete the ODAGLinkUsages for that app.

I did disable this rule and still I can delete the navigation link which I created from selection app.
The terminology Link Usage is not clear here about what it exactly represents.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

I worked on different security rule but never of on demand app.

Can you please post the default rule plus what you exactly try to achieve?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the rule I am talking about:

Non-anonymous users with read access on the selection app can delete OdagLinkUsages for that app

NameResource FilterConditionsContextActions
DeleteOdagLinkUsageOdagLinkUsage_*!user.IsAnonymous() and resource.selectionApp.HasPrivilege("read")Only in HubRead, Delete

I just want to understand what it does. Because I tried to disable it and I can still delete the ODAG links.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Have you tired changing Actions to only 'Read'?

For what I see the condition says.. Users 'not equal' to Anonymous has privilege as 'Read' and in Actions it is both read and delete.

All the users which has access can Read/Delete the link.

Do you want all users not to delete the link, What are you aiming to do here?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. I tried Read only Action and still I was able to delete the ODAG Navigation Link. From the description of the rule it's not clear what 'OdagLinkUsages' means.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Just disable the rule?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can do that but just want to understand what it does.

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

I ran into the same issue and found out that a user is able to delete ODAG links because the user created them. When the user that is created an ODAG link attempts to delete it, the DeleteOdagLinkUsage rule doesn't control the deletion of the link. Instead the Owner rule, which says that an owner of a resource can update and delete a resource unless that resource is a published app or a published app object.

That answers the "Why can I delete the ODAG link with DeleteOdagLinkUsage rule being disabled?" question, but it doesn't answer the "What is OdagLinkUsage resource?" question.

Has anyone figure out what an OdagLinkUsage resource is over the last five years?