Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview NPrinting

Hello Guru's    

I have a qvw file called 'ABC.qvw'.

Current situation:

1. ABC.qvw is not published at the moment.

2. There are smaller apps generated from ABC.qvw after 'Loop and reduce' on a particular field (Account Name). The total no. of smaller apps being generated is around 12,000.

My Objective is to create few NPrinting reports in all the smaller (Structure of the reports is same, data being varied by the account being picked in loop and reduce.)

To achieve this I created few NPrinting reports (Connection made through ABC.qvw) on the parent app ABC.qvw and published it separately. Post its successful run I ran the task to publish the smaller apps. Unfortunately the NPrinting reports were not replicated to the smaller apps.

Has someone dealt with a similar scenario? Please let me know if you guys have any solution in mind. I hope I am clear in my requirement.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

NPrinitng reports will not be replicated to smaller apps unless you create for each individual small app dedicated NPrinitng connection, dedicated report and publish task!!!

there is no way to achieve this automaticly!

As an alternative you can use Main ABC.qvw app and use cycle functionality within NPrinting to achieve the same.

example qvw would be helpful though.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

do you have any section access in your app?

did you enable option in designer enable section access?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yup, I do have section access in my app. Does that make a difference?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

am not sure there is an option in designer while creating reports enable the section access like

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mate can you please elaborate.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

NPrinitng reports will not be replicated to smaller apps unless you create for each individual small app dedicated NPrinitng connection, dedicated report and publish task!!!

there is no way to achieve this automaticly!

As an alternative you can use Main ABC.qvw app and use cycle functionality within NPrinting to achieve the same.

example qvw would be helpful though.

cheers

Lech

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

100% agree with Lech.

The correct way to proceed, in this case, is to create a Qlik NPrinting connection to ABC.qvw create the reports you need and then use cycles or filters to obtain user reports. Note that generated reports will contain only the filtered data so you don't have the risk that an user has access to data he is not authorized. From this point of view an NPrinting report is completely different than a not reduced .qvw that contains all data but shows only the one a, for example, Section Access user can see. A report simply contains a picture of the filtered data at the moment of report generation

Working on the reduced apps, in my opinion, is a non sense.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's not a great news! But I have the correct answer though.

I will explore the cycle/filter functionality and see if it works.

Thanks Guys! Appreciate your support.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I suggest you watch all available NPrinitng videos and get some more understanding how NPrinting works. I guess you have taken some assumptions which were not correct..