Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmarino14
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Configurable ODBC

Hello,

I tried searching for the documetation on how to setup, create tables, views in a database so that I can create users and groups in it. Is there any documetation on requierments on what is needed to be done so that users and groups can be read from a database?

My main goal is to be able to use a email address as a userid. Hopefully the documetation will tell me if it is possible or not.

I'm using Qlikview Enterprise Server 11

Thanks

25 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Rama,

What error are you seeing? What version of QlikView are you running?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

I have given the forward slash(/) instead of backward slash (\).

Below URL - correct way to request the QlikView for the session ID,

http://192.168.1.161/QVAJAXZfc/GetWebTicket.aspx?cmd=<Global method='GetWebTicket'><UserId>SSOTEST\carecoordinator</UserId></Global>

We are using the configurable ODBC users.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi britt,

We are using the web ticketing in that configurable ODBC authentication.

Can we directly login into the QlikView application.

Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Yes, your URL will need to be like this..

http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx?type=html&webticket=od8DMIDd9H1Ozkval7TwcHuTEepaMcgPqSE...    

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you bill

Present we are able to login into the qlikview application from another java application using web ticketing - working fine

But as an IT developer, he want directly login in the QlikView application by clicking on the Sign In link this is the solution we want - Not working. Is this possible with out using web ticketing.

We want both the solution for same application.

Thanks

Rama Krishna

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

I would think you would have to setup another webserver or website  to do that.

Bill