Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selecting data which are not in current user selection (another one)

Hi all,

I have another question and need help ...

Please find attached my example qvw-file.

You will find 2 tables which are connected by a unique ID.

In my application I want to show

1. in the green field: all VALID delivered impressions (result has to be 190)

2. in the red/magenta field: all "INVALID" ("-3") impressions (result has to be 45).

2.png

Please note:

It is important to select 3 values from the SAP table:

1.png

I think I have to use SET ANALYSIS for that - but I need help to do that because if I select the 3 values from the SAP table the "-3" items are not in the current global selection.

Thanks a lot,

jup

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Jup

I suspect that your data model (or the small sample) may be a problem. Only the %ext-id = 80001 is connected to your SAP table. That means that if any of the three values are selected, you are excluding %ext-id = -3. You can use this expression:

=sum({<[%ext-id]  = {'-3'}, SAP_id=, SAP_month=, SAP_year=>}  DELIVERED_impressions)

This ignores the selections that limit the model to 80001, but I suspect that is not what you want. The problem seems to be that the key field %ext-id is also what indicates the invalid impressions.

Attached is your example updated.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Jup

I suspect that your data model (or the small sample) may be a problem. Only the %ext-id = 80001 is connected to your SAP table. That means that if any of the three values are selected, you are excluding %ext-id = -3. You can use this expression:

=sum({<[%ext-id]  = {'-3'}, SAP_id=, SAP_month=, SAP_year=>}  DELIVERED_impressions)

This ignores the selections that limit the model to 80001, but I suspect that is not what you want. The problem seems to be that the key field %ext-id is also what indicates the invalid impressions.

Attached is your example updated.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein