Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis based on multibox selection

Hi,

I am making use of a set analysis function for an expression. A field 'name' can be selected by a multibox, but does not always have a selection. I would like to base the set analysis on the selection of 'name' in the multibox, ONLY when there are one or more names selected.

So the set analysis looks like:

sum({< name=, eng_partner_name={name}, eng_costcenter_key = {$(vCostCenter)}, emp_level = {'junior'}>} timeAmount)

The current problem with this set analysis is that none of the 'eng_partner_name' records are selected when there has been no selection on the multibox.

How to get this fixed?? I prefer to avoid if functions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei

try this

sum({< name=, eng_partner_name=P(name), eng_costcenter_key = {$(vCostCenter)}, emp_level = {'junior'}>} timeAmount)

what it does it check if  eng_partner_name is in the possible values of name

View solution in original post

3 Replies
klausskalts
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This might not be what you are looking for - but when I this "problem" it's normally because I do not want the cagrt to calculate at all before selections have been made.

If this is the case I suggect that to setup a Calculation condition in the General Tab in the Chart Properties.

e.g. Count(distinct [Field]) >=1

and in the Error Messages you state that a selection must be made before the chart/table will show any value.

OK?

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei

try this

sum({< name=, eng_partner_name=P(name), eng_costcenter_key = {$(vCostCenter)}, emp_level = {'junior'}>} timeAmount)

what it does it check if  eng_partner_name is in the possible values of name

Not applicable
Author

This works perfectly Liron!

Never heard of that function before, but I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks!