Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Auto zoom on googlemap

Hello!

I have looked at some examples with google maps. In these solutions, the map seems to auto zoom to fit the selections to the size of the map. However, I have taken over another application with a google map, and in this I cannot get the map to auto zoom. I have tried matching it with the other examples, without the wanted result.Can I have missed anything in the script, or can it be the input data that is the trouble?

I'm sorry, but due to the content I can't share my application.

P:S On a side note, is there a way to pan the map?

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Regarding the auto zoom, I found it!

The one responsible for the original script had saved the longitude and latitude in a table as Longitude and Latitude. But in the google map script, they were referred to as longitude and latitude. So, a little change in the variable names solved the zoom problem.

Regarding the pan situation, the sliders suggested in the example seems to the right way to go, thank you for that link. I've already implemented a slider for zoom, so they shouldnät be a problem.

Thank you for the help,

Stefan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

please have a look at this thread:

http://community.qlik.com/message/1219#1219

There is also a sample file that you can download.

If you try to adopt this for your data it is very important to have a careful look at all chart settings.

Regards,

Björn

Not applicable
Author

Regarding the auto zoom, I found it!

The one responsible for the original script had saved the longitude and latitude in a table as Longitude and Latitude. But in the google map script, they were referred to as longitude and latitude. So, a little change in the variable names solved the zoom problem.

Regarding the pan situation, the sliders suggested in the example seems to the right way to go, thank you for that link. I've already implemented a slider for zoom, so they shouldnät be a problem.

Thank you for the help,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Ok fine,

so if your questions is answered from you side please mark the thread "answered".

Regards,

Björn