Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarrad_murray
Contributor III
Contributor III

Display sum of calculated column in each cell of column

Hi All,

I am having a little trouble getting the sum value of a field and am hoping someone may have come across something similar.

I have a pivot table that has a number of calculated fields (each feeding off the previous).  I am trying to create a new column that sums the values of one column if they are not negative numbers.

I have managed to show the positive values and turn all negative ones to 0 through an if statement but the expression total still shows the value as if the negative values remain (1st column).

Table.png

The statement I am using is as follows

=if(Performance-

if(Code = '06T', sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>} [<18]),

sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}[<18])*max(Excl06T)) < 0, 0,

Performance-

sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}[<18])*max(Excl06T)))

Is there a way that I can get the total value of only the positive values to be shown in the column for each row (so 1389.88 in each cell)

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Then all you need is this

=Sum(TOTAL Aggr(if((if(GCode = '06T', sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}RTTotal), sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}RTTotal)*max(Excl06T)) * 0.92)-

if(GCode = '06T', sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>} [<18]),

(if(GCode = '06T', sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}RTTotal), sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}RTTotal)*max(Excl06T)) * 0.92)-

,GCode, Code2))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(

if(Performance-

Performance-

sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}[<18])*max(Excl06T))),

YourDimension/s))

Also, look here

Totals in Charts

Sum of rows in pivot tables ‒ QlikView

jarrad_murray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

I've tried the

Sum(Aggr(

if(Performance-

Performance-

sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}[<18])*max(Excl06T))),

YourDimension/s))

But this just makes everything 0

I will have a look at the links you provided and feed back

Thank you.

sunny_talwar

Did you replace the work YourDimension/s with you chart dimensions or did you just copy paste what I gave you above

jarrad_murray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

I've probably confused you a little here.  I did replace the 'YourDimension/s' with my actual dimensions but to no avail.

sunny_talwar

That should have worked... I am not sure what might have been missing. Also, did you check the two links I shared? If even those didn't help, would you be able to share a sample?

jarrad_murray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

I had a look through the links but neither seemed to give me an answer to this issue.

Please find attached an example of what I am trying to do.  the final column in the table is the one I am trying to display the total value of all positive numbers from the 'Number of Fines' column.

Thank you so much for your help with this, I just can't see where I'm going wrong.

Jarrad

sunny_talwar

You had column name reference in your expression.... Aggr() is unable to take Column label reference... try this

=Sum(Aggr(if((if(GCode = '06T', sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}RTTotal), sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}RTTotal)*max(Excl06T)) * 0.92)-

(if(GCode = '06T', sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}RTTotal), sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}RTTotal)*max(Excl06T)) * 0.92)-

,GCode, Code2))

Capture.PNG

jarrad_murray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for this, unfortunately this puts me back in the same position I started in.  What I am trying to achieve is the following;

Wish.png

The second column is the total of all the positive values within the previous column ('Number of Fines').

If I take the second dimension out of the aggregate function it will sum everything regardless of value and only display it in one cell.

Current.png

Is there a way to display the 1,389.88 in all of the cells not just the one (this is filtered to Apr in the months).

Sorry, I think I've not been explaining myself properly.

sunny_talwar

Then all you need is this

=Sum(TOTAL Aggr(if((if(GCode = '06T', sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}RTTotal), sum({<Code2 -= {'INCOM92%'}>}RTTotal)*max(Excl06T)) * 0.92)-

,GCode, Code2))

Capture.PNG