Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alextomlins
Contributor III
Contributor III

Help?! ISNULL with expressions!?

Hi Guys,

I have a list of subscribers - All of them have start dates but only some have end dates depending on whether they have unsubscribed or not.

So for those that have not unsubscribed and have a null i would like to replace the null with the current date - and then calculate the number of days between the startdate and 'end date' '

So far i have ;

If(IsNull([UnsubscribeDateTime]),Today(), [UnsubscribeDateTime]) - [SubscribedDateTime]

The issue I'm having is the False part of the If statement - it's coming back as a blank. It works when replacing the null with the current date but does not give me the number of days for those that do have an unsub date strangely.

PLease help  

6 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

can you share a part of your data ?

sunny_talwar

Is your date and time field read correctly as a date and time field with numeric underlying value?

Why don’t my dates work?

QlikView Date fields

Get the Dates Right

OmarBenSalem

try If(len(trim([UnsubscribeDateTime]))=0 ,Today(), [UnsubscribeDateTime]) - [SubscribedDateTime]

alextomlins
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Guys - I've now fixed this - There were two tables that get concatenated so I had to put the function into both of the loads   Thank you for your help

alextomlins
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Guys - I've now fixed this - There were two tables that get concatenated so I had to put the function into both of the loads   Thank you for your help

alextomlins
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author