cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing data in straight table

Here's an odd one.

I have a straight table that's simply displaying a small amount of raw data - About a dozen rows. Not every cell has data, nor should every cell have data.

In the last column, four cells should have data, but it's only displayed in two cells. I suspected an issue with the load script, but when I go to the data model and hit Preview... The data is there! If the data is there, why would it not display in the straight table? Nothing fancy at all going on, the expression for that column of the table is simply the field name. I would think if I'd made an error, that NONE of the data would display, but half of it does.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kent

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Fixed.

As it turns out, there was a capitalization issue in the Excel file I was reading user ID's from. The data source is not case sensitive, so the data was being loaded from the source, but QlikView was not associating it properly.

As to why QlikView's Preview *was* associating it while the app itself was not, I have no clue. But this is working now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you check whether you r supressing zero or null values in chart properties ,check dimensions tab & presentation tab too

thanks

Meher

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was suppressing, but the values (as seen in the Preview in the data model) aren't null. I changed the null symbol to see if that's what QV was thinking, and the cells where the two values are expected do in fact show as null.

Now the question is - Why would the values be in the preview, but the table thinks they're null? Still confused.

Not applicable
Author

can you gimme a sample of ur app ...

because it sounds weird to miss data with a right expression and everything

thanks

Meher

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Fixed.

As it turns out, there was a capitalization issue in the Excel file I was reading user ID's from. The data source is not case sensitive, so the data was being loaded from the source, but QlikView was not associating it properly.

As to why QlikView's Preview *was* associating it while the app itself was not, I have no clue. But this is working now.