Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II

How to set up a trigger to click a button automatically every one hour?

Hello Everyone,

I require a quick help on this question.

I have a button created in QlikView app. When clicked on it, data in my straight table object is exported to excel and placed in a specific location. Instead of manually clicking on this button, is there a way to set up a trigger for this button so that the excel file is replaced in the location automatically every one hour?

Any help on this?

Thank you.

18 Replies
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Where do I provide unlimited access to my macro in the server? I have only below options

img 1.PNGimg2.PNG

mariusz_kumansk
Contributor III
Contributor III

SET

‌1. Allow system access

2.system access

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hmm...no it still isn't working in QMC for me! Works when reloaded locally. Is there any security option that I have to check in either "Document Properties" or "User Preferences"?

Thank you.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Apoorva,

1) Settings -> Document properties ->OnPostReload -> Add Edit Actions-> Run Macro -> Enter macro name as "Export" -> Ok -> Apply -> Ok

2) Macro code:

Sub Export

rem ** press button BU01 **

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("BU01").Press   

'Msgbox "Button 1 Clicked"

End Sub

Make sure you enter the correct object id for the button. Good luck.

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the response!

Could you please explain how this works?

Thank you.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi,

It's simple. As you can see we are triggering the macro once we reload the application. The macro is activating the button using the syntax ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("BU01").Press. Let me know whether this is working for you or not.

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hmm...understand! But even this is not working when I reload the app in QMC! Works in the server. Any idea why isn't this working?

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

mariusz_kumansk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Could you send this application??