Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can one access app published in QMC without the help of QMC and Qlik sense hub?

Hi ,

How can we share app  published in QMC to user without access to hub and server ?

Is there any link that we can share which will directly open the dashboard?

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't. The app is published on/in/using a QS server. Without QS server the app couldn't be published. So for a published app a QS server is necessary. Theoretically you can create your own application to create a user interface to allow a user to interact with a QS App. But you'd still need QS server, because that's where the app is published. The only other option I see is exporting the app from QS server and sending the .qvf file to the user. The user can then use QS Desktop to open the app.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If that person too have qmc access ,then how can I share the app to him ?then is there any link or someway which will directly take me to dashboard sheet . ?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, just open the app and then the sheet. You'll see an url like: https://my.qlik.sense.server.com/sense/app/db862451-7933-2c56-f029-d112d4e12338/sheet/QuuAd/state/an...

The bold parts are the app id and the sheet id. Of course the user will still need to login unless anonymous access is allowed.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Maybe place the app in a shared location....

Access to only 1 folder which contains App and as Gysbert said, he/she can open the app thru Qlik Desktop.

If they have access to QMC, you can create a custom security rule, which would only allow them to export the app to their local system and they can open in Desktop