cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression has different results when used in pivot and text charts

Hello,

I am using the same expression in a pivot chart and a text chart but the results are different.  The pivot chart results are correct, the text chart results are incorrect.

Although I have used the same expression in another app and it works correctly in all charts.  I cannot see what the difference is.

The expression is

Sum({$<[Requisition Status]={Closed}>}[Approve to Close])/Sum({$<[Requisition Status]={Closed}>}[Number of Filled Reqs])

Please can somebody help resolve.

Thanks,

Kizzy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I fixed the issue.

One of the fields used for the calculation had an associated data set.  I de-associated the data in Data manager and then re-uploaded the data and re-associated the data set.  All charts then corrected themselves so the pivot and text chart calculations now match.

Thanks,

kizzy

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be provide

Sum(Aggr(Expression, Dim1ofPivot, Dim2ofPivot))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

I'm not sure what this is and where to enter it but is this a bug with the system.  I don't understand how the same expression can bring up different results just because different charts are used.

Thanks,

Kizzy

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a screenshot? Also, are you using Pivot table or straight table?

sunny_talwar

Also, check this

Totals in Charts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Its a pivot table and I have added a screen shot.

Thanks,

Kizzy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I have also added a screen shot of another app where the same expression works in both the pivot and text chart.  The only difference is that the app where the charts do not work have updated data.

Thanks,

Kizzy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the attachment but it does not clarify how to make the same expression work in different charts.  Please can you advise.

Thanks,

Kizzy

sunny_talwar

Do you have a calculated dimension or are you excluding null from your dimension?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I am getting 2 different calculations.  As per the screen shots, the pivot table is displaying the correct value but the text chart is not.  It is displaying a value but it is the wrong one.

Thanks,

Kizzy