Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to let open a new .qvw file from a sheet tab?

Hi,

I need to create a new in qlikview file to open an another new .qvw file, once I click on the sheet tab.

lets say, I have 5 sheets in the current file, whenever I click on the last sheet tab, it has to open a new qlikview file.

plz help me...

thanks..

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ravi Kumar, thank u so much.. it helped me.. can you pls alos tell me how can i open it in the same sheet with the other sheets of the existing file remain visible...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Use this code your problem will solve

Sub OpenHome

set App=ActiveDocument.GetApplication

App.OpenDoc "Home.qvw","",""

ActiveDocument.Save

End Sub

Let me know it is working or not

Regards..

Not applicable
Author

Ravi, Am almost near to my target..

Sub OpenHome

App.OpenDoc "Home.qvw","",""

ActiveDocument.Save

End Sub

wen I use this macro it actually opens document in an another new page and the selection filters of the existing document doesnt apply to this.

so, > i need this new doc in the existing file, if possible.

> also to apply the selection filters of the existing file for the newly opened.

thanks...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try this,To pass the variables along with selections to another qlikview file.

sub PassData 

set Var=ActiveDocument.Variables("vDates")

set UserFile = App.OpenDoc ("TestOutput.qvw","","")

UserFile.CreateVariable "vDates"

set v= UserFile.Variables("vDates")

v.SetContent Var.GetContent.String,true

ActiveDocument.Save   

end sub

Let me it is working or not

Regards..

Not applicable
Author

Did this macro work for you shrkntnqv ??? please let us know. Mark it correct, that will be so much helpful for us.

have a Question, while deploying it in management console I have both A and B document there reloaded, how can I link these two documents ? WHat I mean is , if we link applications like this , do they still remain linked in accesspoint as well ? clearify this for me please.

Thanks,

Abha

Not applicable
Author

Above macro doesnot work in access point . Anyone please suggest why it is not working in accesspoint while it works perfectly in local machine(desinger part). I have already checked both options: Allow macro execution on server and Allow unsafe macro execution on server using the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Servers, Security. But it still doesnot allow above macro to move between two qvws in accesspoint. Is there any way by which I can move from one qvw to another without coming back to accesspoint time after time. Please suggest.

Thank you,

Abha