Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying message in column when no data is present

I'm fairly new to Qlikview and have a question. I have 2 sources of incoming data. 1 is updated monthly and the other is also updated monthly but is on a 1 or 2 month lag from the first set of data. So, I have a pivot table that has 2 dimensions and 4 measures. 2 of those measures are present for each month (we have 5 months of historical data). However, 2 of the other measures are there for only the first 3 months. Visually, what I end up with if I filter on a monthly file date 3 months ago I see the following:

Dim 1     Dim2     Meas1     Meas2     Meas3     Meas4

First       Second     $10       20%         4.5           2.3

First       Third          $15     12%          2.7          4.9

However, if I look at the most current month's data, it looks like the following:

Dim1     Dim2     Meas1     Meas2     Meas3     Meas4

First     Second     $15          17%       0.00         -

First     Third         $12          25%       0.00          -

What I'd like to have, is when there is a situation like example 2 above, to have Meas3 & Meas4 display a message like "No data to display" or some other custom message like "Generally, this data is lagged behind the portfolio data and is not available at this time."

Any ideas how to do that in Qlikview

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

On Presentation, Populate Missing Cells you can put any message you want.

Not applicable
Author

Also you can use something like this on the expression

IF(Field='', 'No data', SUM(Field))  or IF(Field=null(), 'No data', SUM(Field)) or IF(Field=0, 'No data', SUM(Field)) depending on the filed type.

But remember that IF’s could slow down your application depending on the number of records that you have.

Best Regards!