Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different stacked bars with one dimension (Qlik Sense)

Dear all,

I have the following data (it's just a random data set. I can't show the original one due to privacy reasons).

Country    Item 1      Item 2        Item 3          Item 4

Spain        400            500            700            500

France      650            800            900            200

France      150            300            400            800

Item 1, Item 2, Item 3 and Item 4 represent the number of units sold for each item. I need display two different stacked bars for each country working with Qlik Sense: the first one will represent Item 1 and Item 2 sales and the second one Item 3 and Item 4 sales. Is it possible to achieve it? Is there any extension might help me solve this issue?

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me solve this issue.

Best regards,

Gonzalo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Gonzalo,

I hope that I understood your request correctly. This can be solved, but it will require a data island and a calculated dimension, which can be quite heavy on performance in case your data set is large (millions of rows).

1. You will have to expand the country dimension to two lines (groups for items 1+2 and 3+4). Then add a second dimension that will be used for stacking.

The easiest way how to do this is by creating a data island in the script, e.g.:

stacked:

load * inline [

group, item

A, 1

A, 2

B, 3

B, 4

];

2. Add the first dimension to the bar chart as a calculated one:

=[Country] &' - '& [group]

3. Add the second dimension to the bar chart = item (from the data island)

4. Add the conditional expression that will sum the correct field based on the "item" field value:

=pick([item],sum([Item 1]),sum([Item 2]),sum([Item 3]),sum([Item 4]))

When you color the chart by the "item" dimension, it should look something like the attached picture.

Hope this helps. Regards,

Radovan

stacked.PNG

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would like to highlight that having two different graphs (first stacked bar vs Country and second stacked bar vs Country) would not solve the problem. Both stacked bars must be side-by-side.

Thank you very much.

Gonzalo

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You need a stack bar with 1 dimension?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actually there should be two stacked bars for each country (one dimension). One of them would represent sales for Item1 and Item2 and the other one sales for Item3 and Item4.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Qlik Branch

This extensions has more than 1 dim and more than 1 measure for Stack back. Check the Chart Editor after you add Dim/Measures

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is a very interesting extension but I think it is not useful for this situation.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Gonzalo

RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Gonzalo,

I hope that I understood your request correctly. This can be solved, but it will require a data island and a calculated dimension, which can be quite heavy on performance in case your data set is large (millions of rows).

1. You will have to expand the country dimension to two lines (groups for items 1+2 and 3+4). Then add a second dimension that will be used for stacking.

The easiest way how to do this is by creating a data island in the script, e.g.:

stacked:

load * inline [

group, item

A, 1

A, 2

B, 3

B, 4

];

2. Add the first dimension to the bar chart as a calculated one:

=[Country] &' - '& [group]

3. Add the second dimension to the bar chart = item (from the data island)

4. Add the conditional expression that will sum the correct field based on the "item" field value:

=pick([item],sum([Item 1]),sum([Item 2]),sum([Item 3]),sum([Item 4]))

When you color the chart by the "item" dimension, it should look something like the attached picture.

Hope this helps. Regards,

Radovan

stacked.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Radovan,

Thank you very much for your reply! That is what I needed and works great. Perfect

Best regards,

Gonzalo