cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to limit a visual on your sheet?

All,

I have learned quite a bit and have searched extensively on the site before posting.  The issue I am facing is that I have a requirement to have 4 visuals all with unique filters built into them. I am happy to say that for 2 out of the 4 I have the correct filters applied and it works perfectly.  Where I am struggling and I know I am overthinking this lol, but here is my question below....

I have a bar chart where I have created age groups based on networkdays(OrderCreated,Today() ) and these groups work great. I have groups 0-5, 6-10,11-20,30-40,41-60-61+. All of these work perfectly. Next I had to filter the data which was applied as well.

My issue is that management only wants to see the 30-40,41-60, 61+ in the visual and they want to see it without having to select a manual filter. 

My 2 remaining bar charts are causing me this headache. 1 is based on $ and one on distinct sales orders.

=count( distinct  {$<SupplyChainBacklogCategory=-{'*Future*'},Reason ={'OPEN'},RevenueNonrevenue={'Revenue'},ProfitCenterLevel3Name={'North America'},SubRegion={'United States','Canada'},CategoryLvl1={'Schwinn','Mattel Critical','Hasbro'},HeaderStatus =-'*BDR*'>} SapON) - This works perfectly on its own, but how do I limit this to my Order Age Groups of 30-40, 41-60, 61+ in the visual?

2nd is the same but in $

=Sum({$<RevenueNonrevenue={'Revenue'},ProfitCenterLevel3Name={'North America'},SubRegion={'United States','Canada'},CategoryLvl1={'Schwinn','Mattel Critical','Hasbro'}>}[EGNetUsdAmount])

I appreciate any assistance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Create a second master dimension of your age groups with only the age groups that mgt are interested in. Set the rest to null() then when including in your bar chart untick include null on your dimension and you should have your problem solved.

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Create a second master dimension of your age groups with only the age groups that mgt are interested in. Set the rest to null() then when including in your bar chart untick include null on your dimension and you should have your problem solved.

Regards

Andy

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Restrict data in Set analysis only for those age groups.

Create age groups in script. And in expression use it as

AgeGroup = {'30-40','41-60','61+'}

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I do not control the loading scripts or master data.  I am an individual user and creating sheets for management views.   Was trying to see if there is a way to do it in the expression itself on the measure. If not I accept that and will work around it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Due to me not owning master data or loading scripts, is there a generic one I can use in the measure expression like...

Networkdays(OrderCreated,Today())>30 to only show orders where they are over 30 days old, but still uses the dimension filter age groups?