Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Qlik & SAP S/4 HANA

Anyone using Qlikview or Qlik Sense on customer with SAP S/4 HANA ? if yes have you successfully connected to the database and do the data extraction only using an ODBC connection to HANA ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolution

Qlik support connecting to HANA Views on S/4 HANA with the Qlik ODBC connector, this assumes that the SAP ODBC Driver has been installed on the Qlik system. We also support Netweaver 7.5 with the Qlik SAP Connectors, SAP S/4 HANA is using Netweaver 7.5 so it is possible to use e.g. the SQL Connector with SAP S/4 HANA.

Provided that you already have installed the ODBC connector provided by SAP, Qlik ODBC connector gives you an option to HANA views on S/4 HANA.

From SAP Connectors 6.3, we support Netweaver 7.5. From Qlik Sense 3.0 we are certified for SAP HANA using ODBC

View solution in original post

10 Replies
vijayit43
Creator
Creator

Hi ,

You have find any Solution?

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Vijay,

I found some documents from SAP related to the ODBC connection to HANA, and technically speaking, it´s possible. I'm not sure if the software agreement allows or not this practice for the ERP tables.

In the SAP documentation I also found information about Cluster and Pool table on R/3 and the conversion of such kind of table to SAP S/4. After conversion all table are Transparent. So you can freely query the data from all tables available in the system using an ODBC connection.

I found some  posts related to Qlikview and Hana. . Maybe it could help you:

QlikView and SAP HANA

Re: database SPA HANA

QlikView JDBC Connector

SAP HANA vs Qlikview

I also attached a documentation from Qlik explaining several options available to connect QlikView or Qlik Sense to HANA.

PS:  I didn´t have the opportunity to connect to this database yet.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Good feedback, Pablo. Thanks.

dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

We were able to connect to SAP 4/HANA and It is very fast (typically in the range of Qlik's in memory speed), but as you mentioned not all types of table are readily available.

We found that direct discovery or on demand generation is the best way to use this technology as the snapshot one has no benefit given the high cost of SAP.

I know that SAP requires you to use the open hub license, although that is typically not enforced if your population is large enough.

We did not yet test yet the pass-through security of the driver.

Kind Regards,

Dion

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

HI Dion,

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you using HODBC driver or the Qlik SAP SQL Connector  ?

dionverbeke
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HODBC with Hana

Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolution

Qlik support connecting to HANA Views on S/4 HANA with the Qlik ODBC connector, this assumes that the SAP ODBC Driver has been installed on the Qlik system. We also support Netweaver 7.5 with the Qlik SAP Connectors, SAP S/4 HANA is using Netweaver 7.5 so it is possible to use e.g. the SQL Connector with SAP S/4 HANA.

Provided that you already have installed the ODBC connector provided by SAP, Qlik ODBC connector gives you an option to HANA views on S/4 HANA.

From SAP Connectors 6.3, we support Netweaver 7.5. From Qlik Sense 3.0 we are certified for SAP HANA using ODBC

cansuaatalay
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

How to connect S4Hana Public Cloud with Qlik SaaS? Is this possible?

Thank you.