Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to count rows of a pivot table in QlikSense

I do have 8-10 filters and when apply then pivot table in QlikSense returns no rows. During this time, I would like to display the message as No data found for your selection. But I'm not able to count rows in this situation. It is still showing the row count > 0.

As I do have so many filters and so many permutations. Best way to apply No data found is Pivot table should return 0 rows then I can apply in data handler.

Please help.

4 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

But I'm not able to count rows in this situation. It is still showing the row count > 0.

what have you used to count the rows and how many dimension do you have ?

Uncheck suppress null and exclude zero value as well to make sure you are not missing any rows.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I do have 3 dim in Pivot table but measure change based on filter selection. if filter1 then measures 1, if filter2 then measure2 .. etc.

I would like to count(dim1 & dim2 & dim3) Or rowno() of the pivot table.

If pivot table has 0 rows then count(dim1 & dim2 & dim3) or rowno() should return 0 otherwise it should return the number of rows in pivot table.

Based on this condition I will show the message, no rows returned.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

if you have more than one dimension you should use rowno(total) not rowno() but you need something else here i guess. can you attach a sample app? It would be easier to help.

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sum(TOTAL( RangeNumericCount(Field)))