Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fvalente
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pivot table sorting issue (qsVariable as dimension)

Hi qlik community,

I have been looking around for some hint buts I am stuck with a problem in regards to sort data in a pivot table.

I have a pivot table where the dimension is driven by the qsVariable extension.

So I have multiple dimensions (Year, Country, Date etc...as per below pic) and multiple measures (A,B,C,D,E...etc).

The aim is to be able to sort by each dimension when is selected and also by each measure if needed.

pivot_qsVariable.png

Basically I would like to replicate what is possible in qlikview with the "Allow Interactive Sort" flag that allows the user to sort the data when you need by dimension or by measure when needed.

pivot_sort_qv.png

Any suggestion on how this can be achieved? I will keep looking if there is a work around. I am trying to see if this post can help me Perfectly Sorting Pivot Table (by A-Z. y-Value set for each dim-level) for now but I am not there yet.

I am trying to use the sorting functionality on the the pivot table, flagging the Descending order sorting by expression but with no luck.

The expression I am using is the same expression used for the "Variable" Dimension

=Pick(Match($(vCyclic),1,2,3,4,5),'Year','Country,'Date','WeekDay','[Year Month]','[Year Week]')) 

where $(vCyclic) is my variable name

pivot_qsVariable_sort.png

Thank you in advance for your help.

F

0 Replies