Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vidyasagar159
Creator II
Creator II

Multi Dimension Columns in QLIK SENSE Bar Charts

Hi All,

Hope you guys are doing fantastic. I have a simple requirement . How to Create Multi Dimension Bar chart with the sample data below.

YearProductAmount
2010Apple10
2011Apple20
2012Apple30
2010Bat50
2011Bat60
2012Bat70
2010Cake15
2011Cake20
2012Cake25

Bar Chart should look like this Qlik Sense.

Y- axis : Sum(Amount)

X-axis : 1. Year

2. Size.

"Size"  is a Dimension expression which is :

=if(Aggr(Sum(Amount),Year,Product)>50 ,'Greater Than $50',

if(Aggr(Sum(Amount),Year,Product)<=50 ,'Less Than $50',

if(Aggr(Sum(Amount),Year,Product)>100,'Greater then $100' )))

Color Legend: Product.

Issue I am facing is : There is no option to add 3 dimensional columns in Qlik sense. Maximum I can create only 2.

If we cant achieve the same bar chart what would be the alternate solution for this?.

Thanks in advance.

-Vidya

3 Replies
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Bar charts only allows you to use 2 dimensions as max with one measure. Unfortunately, this kind of chart is not possible with the native object. Maybe try to review the way you visualize the data.

By the way, the sample image was generate by which software ?

Kind Regards,

Pablo

vidyasagar159
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the Quick response Pablo. Got it I will try different options. The Bar chart which I have attached is from Tibco Spotfire BI tool.

Thanks,

-Vidya

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.