Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show your selections when using cyclic group in a dimension and expression?

Hi All,

I am using a cyclic group as my dimension and my expression while creating a bar chart. Is there a way by which we can show what selections are being selected by the user when he selects one value as dimension and expression from cyclic group, it should be displayed somewhere in the graph??

Also, when I published the QV document , it's not showing as a drop down menu for user to choose from a group of options (both as dimension and expression), but when i see the document on desktop it looks fine? Is there any solution for this also?

Thanks ..Please give your suggestions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yaman,

If you use getcurrentfield([GroupName]) , you can get the currently selected dimension in a cycle group.

instead  of GroupName, you should use the name of your cycle group.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yaman,

If you use getcurrentfield([GroupName]) , you can get the currently selected dimension in a cycle group.

instead  of GroupName, you should use the name of your cycle group.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Neeraj. But should I include a text box and then use this expression getcurrentfield?? or?

Also , i am using a cyclic group in an expression as well. But its not allowing me to give a name to cyclic group in expression.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Yaman,

Under the Presentation tab of your Bar Chart, there is a section called Text in Chart. You could enter it here. You can press CTRL+SHIFT to move this box within the chart.

Displaying Cylic Expression: Under the General tab of your Bar Chart check mark the box 'Show Title in Chart'. The title of the selected expression will be displayed in the Chart. You can press CTRL + SHIFT to place it where you want.

Regards,

Neeraj

Not applicable
Author

Hey Neeraj. It helped. Thanks a lot.