Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorditorras
Creator
Creator

Count minutes per Day/hour/Month,etc

Dear Gurus,

I'm struggling to find a calculation that seems easy but I cannot find our how to reach it.

I have a pivot table with some Time dimensions (Month, Day, hours, etc) and some KPI's. I would like to add one KPI in this table to show me the total of minutes of my time selection. So, If I select "Day", I'd see in each colum: 1440 (24hours x 60 minutes). If I select Hour, I'd have to see 60*Number of selected Days. If I select Month, I'd have to see 43200 (30days -if that month has 30 days- x 24 hours x 60 minutes).

How can I reach this calculation? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jordi

25 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

what about

if(GetObjectField (1)='Date' ,14400,if(GetObjectField (1)='Month-Year_EN',43200,if(GetObjectField (1)='Hour',60)))

Learning never stops.
jorditorras
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, I attach an screenshot with how data looks like. The last KPI in the screenshot is the one I tried with Sum(Minutes). Minutes.PNG

Thanks,

Regards,

Jordi

jorditorras
Creator
Creator
Author

I have tried this. Now in all my selections, the result shown is 60. I seems like this formula is interpretating in all cases that my selection is "Hour".

I have made a test of it by typing:

if(GetObjectField (1)='Hour' ,1,2)

Just to check the behaviour, and I see that the result is always 1 whether if I select Hour, Date, Month...

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

add an extra column with GetObjectField (1) and check what you are getting .. you need to change the index inside the function to make it work your way . with a small tweaking in the code you can achieve this ..

a small app or a screenshot that can describe the structure and what dimension would be a plus.

Learning never stops.
jorditorras
Creator
Creator
Author

I have seen that:

GetObjectField (1)='Hour'

GetObjectField (2)='Time'

GetObjectField (3)='Date'

GetObjectField (4)='Shift'

I'm going to try more possibilites with this clue...

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

you mentioned you are using alternate dimensions. you have to tweak your code to incorporate this my friend . share the screenshot of table with a few needed details to construct it and we will be able to help you better.

Learning never stops.
jorditorras
Creator
Creator
Author

Well, it's not alternate dimensions as an in a graph that it's possible to switch them (I think this is what you meant); it's a pivot table where I can choose the dimension. I attached an screenshot in my last response to Sunny.

sunny_talwar

Try something like this

=Pick(Dimensionality(), 30*24*60, 24*60, 60)

You might have to fix the order of this based on your order of Dimensions, but you can see what I did

Dimension order

MonthYear - > Dimensionality() = 1

Date - > Dimensionality() = 2

Hour -> Dimensionality() = 3

When MonthYear is the main dimension

Capture.PNG

When Date is expanded

Capture.PNG

When Hour is expanded

Capture.PNG

Also note that if you are using pivoted dimension (which I don't think you are from your screenshot), you will have to use SecondaryDimensionality() instead of Dimensionality()

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

can you post a sample with dummy data and a sample output if possible.

i would try to try out a pivot with my data but it may not be the one you wanted. it would help if you could post a sample which resembles your pivot.

Learning never stops.
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

well i was going to suggest dimensionality() when got to know the dimensions are not alternate but stalwar1‌ is too quick for me!!

Learning never stops.