Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dajjan81
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error: CFXFileSize::EvalDual: Unexpected exception

Hi,

I´m facing the error "CFXFileSize::EvalDual: Unexpected exception" in windows application log after QlikSense November 2017 release and QDF 1.7 and 1.7.1.

QlikSense Engine reports aboat 5000 errors a day with this error.

I think this is a combo of something different in QS November and the QDF Init script that does a lot of FileSize-commands where the file does not exists.

Any suggestions?

Regards

David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dajjan81
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Magnus, OK! this is now a QlikSense bug. Thanks a lot for your help.

From Qlik:

"

bug QLIK-83005 had been logged with R&D and the case referenced to it. Please see the release notes of the next Sense release for this bug and/or QLIK-83223 which is the connected one also solving the issue.

This is according to R&D it is just a cosmetic error, which will be fixed in the near future.

For the customer, if you have a qvs which you reference but it does not exist

if IsNull(filesize('lib://missinlib/missingfile.qvs')) = -1 then

trace 'Error is available in event log';

endif

exit script;

you get: CFXFileSize::EvalDual: Unexpected exception

"

Regards

David

View solution in original post

12 Replies
dajjan81
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It seems that someone else is having the same error in the thread File not exists warnings.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi David, this error seem to be from a change during the November release, that error occur when an include file is missing using $(Include= statement), this becomes a problem when not using the optional QVC.qvs include. Latest QDF 1.7.1 is now updated to compensate, so please use the latest Deploy Tool, and upgrade.

Regards

Magnus

dajjan81
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have 1.7.1 and all my 99.LoadAll.qvs-files looks like below, still having the same error.:

/* Section below is when integrating QVC and is disabled default. Enable QVC in Deploy Tool to activate this section

if trim(lower('$(vG.QVCDisable)'))='true' then // This is used to disable/enable QlikView Components library (Qvc)

set vG.QVCDisable='$(vG.$(vL.QDF.LinkShared_Folders)SubPath)'; // vG.QVCDisable = true removes Qvc.qvs filename

else

set vG.QVCDisable='$(vG.$(vL.QDF.LinkShared_Folders)SubPath)Qvc.qvs'; // Not disabled will state the Qvc.qvs filename

endif

$(Include=$(vG.QVCDisable));

*/

Regards

David

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi David, Ive done some extensive testing and it seems that filesize and filetime gives error in the event log independent on how I craft the script so it's clearly a bug in November release. There is a support case on this so lets hope it gets fixed during next update.

Best regards

Magnus

dajjan81
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks! I also have a case on this "01270022"

Regards

David

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi, we have done some small changes in the initiation to minimize the CFXFileSize problem, please update to latest QDF (same 1.7.1 version number)Qlik Deployment Framework Deploy Tool.

Regards

Magnus

dajjan81
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Magnus,

But after the update my script cant find the container..

This is my init script:

set vG.BasePath=;

set vG.SharedBasePath=;

SET vG.RootContainer = 'Root';

SET vG.HomeContainer = '1.Finance';

SET vL.InitLink = 'Lib://$(vG.RootContainer)/$(vG.HomeContainer)/InitLink.qvs';

$(Must_include=$(vL.InitLink));

Regards

David

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Thanks David, revert back to the old InitLink.qvs for now and try again. I will try your initiation to see what's going on.

Regards

Magnus

dajjan81
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, the old one works exept för the error in my event log.

Regards

David