Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hetolpin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Widgets - Access more than 10 columns x 50 rows of data

Hi

I'm developing a custom table widget, and ran into a problem. It would seem that even though I can ask for as many dimensions and measures I want to, sense will only return the first 10 columns in the hypercube to my widget (even though layout.qHyperCube.qDimensionInfo.length and layout.qHyperCube.qMeasureInfo.length will match up with the number of dims and measures requested), and perhaps even worse, only the first 50 rows of data are available to me, with no obvious way to page further through the data set.

I noticed that 10x50 is the default when developing a new extension, so I guess this is the original source of this limitation - however, for extensions, this can be changed. Is there a way to change this for widgets, too? Perhaps with a Custom Component?

If not - this has got to be a bug, right?

For a bit more info, see Widget hypercube qwidth can it be adjusted greater than 10

Best regards,

Henning

2 Replies
mjones87
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'm having the same issue, the way around it would be to build your widget as an extension as you mentioned until this is patched....given this has been a known bug for a while I'm not hopeful it's going to be fixed anytime soon.

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee