cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Geo Analytics Connector - Binning

Hi All,

I am new to Qlik Geo Analytics and recently figured out about Qlik geo connectors.

I am using a sample Excel table for Geo data and connecting to Qlik connector and loaded a auto genrated table [RH0_5W0_75Grid Table].

Binning2.PNG

once the fields are auto generated in the respective table, in the front end which fields should be used to get the Rectangular binning.

Any suggestions please and what is the real use of this connectors? What way it can be utilized?

.Regards,

6 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Binning operation creates an hexagonal or rectangular area layer by clustering points together. Binning is used to group points together, to create a overview layer.

For more info check out the "Binning" examples at

Qlik Sense Guides & Examples « bi.idevio.com‌ and

Guides & Examples « bi.idevio.com

In your example. create an area layer and select "RH0_5W0_75" as the dimension.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Patric,

Still, after adding RH_* as a dimension, I am getting an error message as "Error adding Polygon feature".

I am using India states. is it because Indian states are not added still in connector operation?

NOTE : But I am getting Indian state names on normal Area Map. Binning error.png

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Patric,

I am using Geo analytics June release, I couldn't able to find the binning operation.

Could you please help me to find in the version I'm using?

Regards,

Mohan

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

That's strange, the Binning operation should be available in all versions.

The version is visible when making the connection:

version.png

Thanks,

Patric

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

HI Patric,

Thanks!! I was searching for that in the wrong in place.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi All - I stumbled across this post and felt my latest blog and video may be helpful to those that stumble across this and may want to see the Binning operation step by step in action:

Get Familiar with Qlik GeoAnalytics - The Binning Operation

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik