If i have 2 tables.

USER_MASTER_DATA:

- USERID

- USERNAME

- COUNTRY

SESSIONS_TABLE:

- USERID

- SESSIONTIME

If i do a normal LOAD, i can easily make a table to see which user's session time. BUT only to those who had sessios.

How can i know for those who never had? i tried outer join, but it didn't really work and the table is messy because we have everything.

thanks.

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The data that i have, only allows me to see who has used which QVW for N times.

What is doesn't allow is , we can't see who has not used which QVW in which month. because the data is simply not available.

We can do 2 tables, to present the data, but ideally, i'd like to have it in a single table, by userID, by QVW, by Month.

Not applicable
Author

Hi nicksatch. Please tel me, why do u have to differentiate between QVW and QVW_session here? They seem to be the same, or not?

SESSION:

LOAD * INLINE [

UserID, QVW_session, access_DATE, session

A1, SALES, JAN, 23

A2, FI, JAN, 230

A3, FI, FEB, 45

A4, SALES, FEB,12

A5, FI, FEB, 2

];

USER_MASTER:

LOAD * INLINE [

UserID, QVW

A1, SALES

A1, FI

A2, FI

A2, SALES

A4, SALES

A5, FI

];

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

If I am right and I understand the main question right I think it can be done by doing te following.

TEST:
LOAD
From USER_MASTER_DATA;

Left Join (TEST)
LOAD
From SESSIONS_TABLE

WHERE NOT USER_MASTER_DATA.UserID IN (SELECT UserUD FROM SESSIONS_TABLE);

Or something like this. I have not tested this and I have only a few minutes but my point is that maybe you can use something like where not

I hope this will help you a little bit.

Kind Regards,

Martijn

Not applicable
Author

Hi Biteguebiessono,

Yes, they are the same, i use different names because i was still testing the script.

Hi Martijn,

i think what we need to do now is to create a MONTH columns for MASTER_DATA table.

I tried joins but it work work,

because in my chart, i wanted to be able to select Month and look at that month's data.

e.g: in this month, who are those users who has been given access to a QVW but did not user it.

]the idea now, i can throw all the months we have in the sessions table into Index, then i=1 or something then loop it for all the users in MASTER_DATA table, month by month, BUT, i'm not sure if this will create a performance issue, because there are a lot of users to loop.

It seems harder than i initially thoughts....