Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView and QlikSense Explain

Hi All,

Very good morning !

I'm subbu from CGI, India. I've been working on MSBI tech for nearly four years, I thought of learning Qlikview and Qliksense with Hadoop to create diversity on my profile onto data warehousing technologies and BI analytics.

Could you please help me on how Qlikview and Qliksense with Hadoop is different from MSBI and its future ?

I'd googled but never got an expected answer,So Please can you help me on this ?

Thanks

Subbu.

5 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

have you check this article, in simple term qlikview is guided analytics whereas qliksense is self service analysis

(i.e end users can create their ad-hoc analysis by themselves with minimal IT support and qlikview fully IT driven)

QlikView and Qlik Sense

Qlik Sense vs Power BI, Tableau & QuickSight

Thanks,

Deva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

I'll need to understand about Synthetic key in Qlikview, Could you please explain and how to avoid this ?

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Synthetic table and Synthetic keys gets created when there are more than one common fields between the 2 or more tables.

using below method we can avoid synthetic table & Key:

1) Removing fields (i.e Common fields causing synthetic & it's not required in data model we can simply remove it)

2) renaming fields using QUALIFY Statement (alias field name)

3) by creating autonumber/composite key

4) by creating a link table , joins and concatenating similar tables

for more details you can check this article,

QlikView – Resolving Synthetic keys – Learn QlikView

p.s: if you further question apart from these two question. close this thread by marking helpful and correct.

after that open a new thread post. thanks

Regards,

Deva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Devarasu, Your responses have been helpful. Sure, I'll create a separate / new thread for future queries.

Highly appreciated !

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Sure. you can close this thread. Thanks

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful