Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression (Year(Today)) is ignored

Dear all,

coming off from this discussion I have a problem with the following expression:

(Sum({$<Year={"(=Year(Today()))"}>}Kosten)+Sum({$<Year={"(=Year(Today()))"}>}Materialeinkauf))

/(Sum({$<Year={"(=Year(Today()))"}>}[Erlös])+Sum({$<Year={"(=Year(Today()))"}>}Schlussrechnung))

As far my knowledge goes, the "$" shall make shure, that just the period of the current year is considered. But it shows the value of the whole data. Furthermore I can change the expression (Year(Today)) to anything else, but nothing happens with the value. Any idea what I did wrong with my formula?

Thanks in previous for the help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

and do u have a field called Year?? make sure it's Year not year; cause qlik in case sensitive !

I see that your Year is blue (which is the color of a function, if qlik was interpreting ur Year as a field, it should be kind of orange !

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

14 Replies
OmarBenSalem

try as follow:

(Sum({$<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}Kosten)+Sum({$<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}Materialeinkauf))

/(Sum({$<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}[Erlös])+Sum({$<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}Schlussrechnung))

Year(Today()) is a function so it needs an "=" sign:

=Year(Today())

when we have a '=' we add the $ (before each calculation) : $(=Year(Today()) ) => this is 2018

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hallo Tom,

ändere die Formel in

(Sum({$<Year={$(=Year(Today()))}>}Kosten)+Sum({$<Year={$(=Year(Today()))}>}Materialeinkauf))

/(Sum({$<Year={$(=Year(Today()))}>}[Erlös])+Sum({$<Year={$(=Year(Today()))}>}Schlussrechnung))

Gruss

Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answers, unfortunately the described behaviour is shown furthermore. I myself can't really explain why the term is ignored, do I have to define "Year" or "Today" in any furhter way?

KPI.JPG

OmarBenSalem

why have u deleted the double quotes?

try with the double quotes as u were doing

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Year field is a text or number/date? there is only explanation i can see for this to not work

Learning never stops.
OmarBenSalem

and do u have a field called Year?? make sure it's Year not year; cause qlik in case sensitive !

I see that your Year is blue (which is the color of a function, if qlik was interpreting ur Year as a field, it should be kind of orange !

Capture.PNG

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

i have provided him the solution in Express KPI of Year (Today)  . Omar Please check the thread once.

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried it the way you mentioned as the way Martin Pohl showd, both ways lead to the same mistake as described.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

to check that the result in set Analysis is ok do:

put your expression into a table.

use any dimension that the table Chart is show values.

don't label the expression!!

Export values to Excel.

There you can see that expression Year=year(today()) is changed into Year = 2017