5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2018 11:20 AM by Kaitlyn Wagner RSS

New to Qlik- Understanding Static Visuals vs Dynamic

Kaitlyn Wagner

Hi all

I am an extremely new user to Qlik with minimal training. I have tried watching some video tutorials but i fear that my lack of knowledge henders my searching for the right answer, so I hope you can help!

All my charts are built, but where i am struggling is how to make One chart Static and the other dynamic. Here is my scenario:

Example: How many days does it take for our product (let's say Jam Jars) to make it from a wholesaler warehouse back to our corporate office.

I have three charts total:

Chart One: a bar chart that shows our days at the warehouse by count of orders pending and needs to remain STATIC (unchanged regardless of filters)

Chart Two: a Tree Chart to show the order distribution between each wholesaler (so we can see who has the most orders vs smallest).

Chart Three: The exact same as chart one, however i do not want this to be static and instead correlate with my tree chart selection

What the final results would look like:

Chart One gives me an understanding of overall, which is why it's important that it does not change.

Chart two will allow me to select wholesalers who have a higher volume in orders, then chart two will give me the ability to compare against my chart one.

Anyone can help?