Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Port Numbers

Does anyone know if there is documentation explaining what each port number does/talks to? We are trying to set up version 10 in an Extranet and my network guys are asking details about each port number in order to open the firewall. I am not a network engineer so I am looking for some direction. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

Most of those are used by the various QlikView Services, e.g. directory service connector, management service etc.  Check out the System tab in QEMC to see which some are using.  But most of them you would *NOT* want to expose externally.  In an external-facing environment you only want to expose the ports needed for client connectivity (my original post.)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

Check the "QlikView Server Reference Manual."  By default you can find this on the server in c:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation.  Search for Client Communication to QlikView Server.

Typically you would need to open port 80 and/or 443 (HTTP/HTTPS) for AccessPoint and AJAX clients.  These could also be used for tunneling.  For connections using the fat client or IE Plug-in you'll need to open port 4747 (proprietary QVP protocol.)   -Isaiah

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the information. I am waiting for them to open it up to test. I found a discussion thread that listed the following ports that should be opened. Does anyone know where to find the descriptions for these? I don't see them in the document listed above.

Ports:

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

Most of those are used by the various QlikView Services, e.g. directory service connector, management service etc.  Check out the System tab in QEMC to see which some are using.  But most of them you would *NOT* want to expose externally.  In an external-facing environment you only want to expose the ports needed for client connectivity (my original post.)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for your help!