cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to connect the data from a sharepoint site in QLIK Sense

Hi Experts,

I am a newbie to QLIK Sense and I want to know that is there a way in QLIK Sense to connect the data from a Sharepoint site?

Please let me know if this is possible or not?

Thanks,

Lakshman

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes it is quite possible and there are several approaches depending on whether you roll you own connection - more complicated and time-consuming - or if you use more specialized connectors. Qlik has it's Qlik Web Connector offering where some connectors are beta and as such for free for existing customers and partners like Office365 Mail/Contacts/Calendar Connector. It is also possible to use Qlik Web Connetors - general web connector which is a premium web connector meaning you have to pay extra to use it.

If you roll-your-own it depends on the version of SharePoint what kind of SharePoint API you need to use. It demands more web-skills and web-service skills than using a connector. Microsoft has made several different APIs supporting various new versions of SharePoint through the years making it a bit more complicated to get an overview. The latest iteration is Microsoft Graph (has nothing to do with graphics or diagrams to do). There are OData which is a standard Microsoft has been instrumental in developing which might be used too.

It also depends on what you want to access at the SharePoint site. Is it "pure" SharePoint lists with items (form based info) or is it connecting to SharePoint-hosted files like Office files and other documents?

Third parties like CData provides both ODBC drivers and OData drivers that support SharePoint:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ivan, The URL Thing didnt actually work for me. I gave the same name from that URL and the URL but not able to get it.