Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glenn_Renwick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Problem with linked tables for different dates and joins

Hi,

I have four main tables:  This is a "Problem Type -> Case Raised Against Problem Type -> Views on Case" Application.

Table1: A table of problem types and the count of problems per day based on that problem

Table 2:A table of cases raised on that problem

Table 3:A table of views on those cases

Table 4:A master Calendar.

It seems like i have everything in those tables to make it work nicely.

I have included an example.

I would like to have a graph where I could simply see, on a given month (choosen by the master calendar)

The views related to the selected problem or case

The number of cases resolved by day on a selected problem or case

The count of problems raised by day on that selected problem or cases that where associated to the problems which is set by table 2.

The community has been a great help to get me where I am but I think I'm getting something wrong in my relationship building.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Glenn_Renwick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

This may be the solution. I just added the shared fields in the data link key table. All seems to work now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Glenn_Renwick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Another Update - Very close to what I need but not quite. I may need another linked table but not sure how.

When I select cases that are "software" related (Bug Found and Virus Found), my "problem type" sum should just be the sum of problems related to "software".

When I select two cases related to "software", the sum of problems doubles - how do I stop this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Glenn_Renwick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

This may be the solution. I just added the shared fields in the data link key table. All seems to work now.