Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with the table box?

Hello Everyone,

I am creating a seperate sheets for data where user can get the data based on the selections and send those to excel values. i have used the same data fields (from the same table) and used it to create different sheets for users.

but when my user is selecting something on sheet1 and see the data in the table box, its actually not filtering up. Its taking into consideration all the changes in the data that happened in the other sheets as well and filtering up. Is there a way where we can define a table box to just show the data which is selected from sheet 1 and so on?

Thanks.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

One probable solution could be,

When the user moves from other sheets to Sheet 1, you can set a trigger and say that when user leaves those sheets, then clear the selection(only if he dosen't need) those selections for the current table box.

But there will be a problem to this approach, that all the selections will be cleared and he/she will have to reselect.

If one can compromise then you can use triggers.

Right click on the sheet-> Properties->Triggers-> Add actions(On leave sheet)-> Add-> Selection-> Clear other Fields

Hope this helps,

Bikash

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks a lot for replying. But my user just selects something on first sheet and then directly goes onto the data sheet to use the data related to this. So, i dont know how the above method will help.

Not applicable
Author

hi Yaman,

i think its not possible.. bcoz qlikview  shows the associated data, you can give the filters on related sheets only.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you can have actions setup on the sheet where your data table is.. either the selecti in field action for all the field names...

or a macro to clear al lthe selections of a particular object.  similar to like this..

Sub Clear

set lb = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("LB01")

lb.Clear

hope this helps..