cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude a product line from measure equation

Hello and Happy New Year!!!

I am attempting to exclude a certain product line in a capital KPI chart.

The measure is: sum([capital])

So I attempted with this formula.

If([Business Segment]='Fruits', not Match([Product Line],
'Grapes'), [Product Line]

and

sum([Capital]))

What I am trying to do is say, when I am selected on Fruits, I want to exclude grapes (is a product line) from the KPI capital number.

Currently, I am getting a dash with the above equation.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

You are the best. A little clean up and you are correct

If([Business Segment]='Fruits', Sum({<[Product Line] -= {'Grapes'}>}[Capital]), Sum([Capital]))

I removed the getfieldselections due to a nested agg error.

Now I need to go the other way and add a product line to a segment. instead of using -=, is there something that adds a product line in?

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

If(GetFieldSelection([Business Segment] = 'Fruits', Sum({<[Product Line] -= {'Grapes'}>}[capital]), Sum(capital))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

You are the best. A little clean up and you are correct

If([Business Segment]='Fruits', Sum({<[Product Line] -= {'Grapes'}>}[Capital]), Sum([Capital]))

I removed the getfieldselections due to a nested agg error.

Now I need to go the other way and add a product line to a segment. instead of using -=, is there something that adds a product line in?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do I mark yours as correct since it lead to the right answer? Thx

sunny_talwar

You can mark yours and mark mine as helpful... but the reason mine gave an error was because I forgot a closing parenthesis..

If(GetFieldSelection([Business Segment]) = 'Fruits', Sum({<[Product Line] -= {'Grapes'}>}[capital]), Sum(capital))

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Perfect that works.

Do you know how I now add a product line in? I need the exact same equation only...

If(GetFieldSelection([Business Segment]) = 'Nuts', Sum({<[Product Line] -= {'Apples'}>}[capital]), Sum(capital))

I need to add the product line apples to the business segment nuts view.

Basically the opposite of what we did

sunny_talwar

You mean that Apple doesn't belong to Business Segment Nuts, but you want to add the result of product line Apples when Nuts is selected?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes mam

sunny_talwar

May be this

If(GetFieldSelection([Business Segment]) = 'Nuts', Sum({<[Product Line] = {'Apples'}>}[capital]) + Sum(capital), Sum(capital))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

so basically adding the result of the product line capital numbers into the nuts business segment. just the opposite of removing grapes from fruits. Adding apples to nuts to show in the KPI.