Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveen_kunuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to write a expression

Hello All,

I need help in writing a expression ,the below table as three dimensions

1)Material Code,2)Vendor code,3)Plant code

and Four expressions    

1)Residual:    sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]=>}Resi)

2) VolumeFY2017(16-17):  Sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]={'$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)'}>}VOLUME)                                                                3)    Column(1)*Column(2)

4)Savings Potential :

sum(aggr(

Sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]={'$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)'}>}VOLUME)*sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]=>}Resi])

,[MATERIAL CODE],[VENDOR CODE],[PLANT CODE]

))

Capture.PNG

So the problem is when i use column(1)*column(2) iam getting 29973.741(203.903*147) which is correct but

when i am trying to use along with aggr function i am getting Zero ,

so kindly any one suggestion what am i missing in my expression 4th, or is there any other way to write the above expression

Thanks

14 Replies
naveen_kunuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

i managed  to convert the zero value in to actual value by using below expression ,but the total i am getting is wrong

Expression:

(Sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]={'$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)'}>}VOLUME)*sum({<[FISCAL YEAR]=>}Resi))

Capture.PNG

How to sum  rows

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is the wrong here?

Capture.JPG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
naveen_kunuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Total,

It suppose to be sum of (2513340.18+29973.741=2543313.921)

but the total is 5033019.342

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Finally, The sub total will calculate over Total only for each measure, So for me it looks good, To get rid we need to use Aggr(). Off course, It's tough to say without having something. Will you attach sample?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please try to reply back ASAP or else it may wind out for long