Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview dashboard with text field

I have been tasked with creating a Qlikview dashboard where a user may be able to enter a particular quantity, and my calculations should take that quantity and provide a solution for the user based on the calculations that are in the background.  Is this possible? If not, what are my options?

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

There are two ways to input data into QlikView... Input Box or Input Fields... read about them in the below links

Check here:

Input Box ‒ QlikView

Input fields ‒ QlikView

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Jan

See the simple example attached using an input field

Hope it helps

Best regards

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is, as usual, very useful Sunny.

I've used Input Boxes (with a variable) before and found it works quite well and easily.

I'd really like to see a full example of the use of the Input Field if you know of one.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you! I will definitely take a look at it. I was not aware of this (Sorry newbie developer to QV)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is great. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andrew perhaps you can help me further on this.  So I have a few dimensions which will determine the calculation. 

So the dashboard will have a few filters - Product Name, Attribute 1(based on product Name),Attribute 2(based on attribute 1), Attribute 3(based on attribute 3) of this product.  And the input box will equal sales info (numerical value), and we will have a sales price for that level of product. User should be able to choose the different attributes of the products, enter sold qty and it should provide a list of customers sorted descending with total sales (sales price * quantity entered by user).

The product info has been brought over in a table in this format:

Product Name | Attr 1 | Attr2 | Attr | Sales Price($)/unit